Are there any fees associated with using a debit card?
Curious about debit cards
Yes, there may be fees associated with using a debit card depending on the bank and type of account you have. Common fees may include:
1. Monthly maintenance fee: Some banks may charge a monthly fee for maintaining a checking account.
2. Overdraft fee: If you try to withdraw more money than what is available in your account, you may be charged an overdraft fee.
3. ATM fees: If you use an ATM that is not owned by your bank, you may be charged a fee.
4. Foreign transaction fee: If you use your debit card to make purchases in a foreign country, you may be charged a foreign transaction fee.
5. Replacement card fee: If you need to replace a lost or stolen debit card, there may be a fee for that.
It's important to read the terms and conditions of your account agreement to understand any potential fees associated with using a debit card.