top of page

What is the process for making a complaint about PMAY?

Curious about Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana

What is the process for making a complaint about PMAY?

If you have a complaint or grievance related to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), you can follow the steps outlined below to address your concern:

1. Contact the PMAY Helpline: The first step is to reach out to the PMAY helpline or customer support. The helpline numbers can vary based on the specific PMAY component (urban or rural) and the state you reside in. You can obtain the helpline number from the official PMAY website or contact the local government housing department for assistance. Explain your complaint and provide relevant details to the helpline representative.

2. Contact the Implementing Agency: If your complaint is related to a specific PMAY project or the actions of an implementing agency, you can directly contact the agency responsible for the implementation. This could be the urban local body, municipal corporation, housing board, or any other designated agency. Share your complaint and seek their assistance in resolving the issue.

3. Approach Grievance Redressal Cell: Many states have set up dedicated grievance redressal cells for PMAY. These cells are responsible for addressing complaints and grievances related to the scheme. Check the official PMAY website or contact the local government housing department to find out if there is a designated grievance redressal cell in your state. Lodge your complaint with the cell and provide the necessary details.

4. Submit a Written Complaint: If the initial steps do not yield a satisfactory resolution, you can submit a written complaint to the appropriate authority. This could be the nodal officer or the higherlevel officials responsible for PMAY implementation. Clearly state your complaint, provide supporting documents if required, and send the complaint through registered post or courier to ensure proper documentation and acknowledgment.

5. Follow Up: After filing the complaint, follow up with the concerned authorities or grievance redressal cell to inquire about the progress of your complaint. Keep copies of all correspondence and any acknowledgment receipts for future reference.

6. Seek Legal Assistance: If all attempts to resolve the complaint through the above channels are unsuccessful, you may consider seeking legal assistance. Consult with a lawyer or legal aid organization specializing in housingrelated issues. They can guide you on the legal remedies available and help escalate your complaint if necessary.

It's important to note that the specific complaint resolution process may vary depending on the state and the implementing agency. Therefore, it is advisable to refer to the official PMAY guidelines, contact the local government housing department, or visit the PMAY website to obtain accurate and uptodate information on the complaint procedure applicable to your region.

Remember to provide complete and accurate details while lodging your complaint to ensure a smoother resolution process.

bottom of page